Thursday, February 23, 2012

First Korean Pizza

I'm human. I get hungry from time to time, so I have to eat. Tonight, Tim and I decided to get a pizza from the Domino's right down the street from our hotel. We got a Super Supreme. According to the website, this baby is loaded with beef, pork, ham, pineapple, corn, mushrooms, and onion.


Look at that bad boy. It came with hot sauce, garlic sauce, and a container of sweet pickle slices. Yeah. I can hear you salivating. It was just as good as you think it is. Better even. Ok, all joking aside it wasn't bad at all. I have heard from friends that Korean pizza can be pretty flavorless, and this was pretty flavorless in comparison to pizza you would get in the states. A lot of the blandness probably has to do with the meats. They aren't seasoned the way peperoni and italian sausage are, full of salt and awesomeness. The ham is really good ham, the kind you would eat at Thanksgiving dinner. All the individual ingredients are great, but nothing really brings a whole lot of flavor to the table. Adding the supplied hot sauce really spiced things up. That pun was an honest accident. The strangest thing about the pizza was the crust. It was stuffed with something. My best guess at what that something was: a mixture of mashed potatoes and either cream or ricotta cheese. Very strange. Oh yeah, and there was more corn mixed in with the crust contents. Overall, this pizza was not terrible. Hell, I'd get another one. I just wanted to see what non-Korean food tasted like in Korea. I'll try Outback Steakhouse or KFC next.

Until next time~

~Let's get lost. 잘가

2 comments:

  1. MMMM! that looks really good!

    get lost :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ricotta cheese! In the crust!!! That alone is worth the plane ticket, this guys freakin jealous..

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete